The Science Behind Manifesting
I teach kids how to dance, and I love it. Kids are the realest. They hardly have filters and are processing new experiences constantly. One of the coolest parts about teaching kids is witnessing how they learn by interacting with their environment. It is difficult to watch students internalize bad habits or ways of thinking about themselves, especially when the consequences aren't so clear or dire.
For example, when I was teaching high school, one of my absolute favorite kids used to walk around with his fists balled up and his shoulders in his ears. He always appeared tense or angry, and when he entered a classroom I always felt apprehensive when I greeted him, but I’m happy that I always did. Later, I came to find out that his home life was a stressful one, so it became no surprise that it manifested in how he carried himself. The way he thought about his environment showed in how he walked the halls of high school.
When I teach dance routines to kids I often have them visualize the dance before they perform it physically. We’ll all lie on the ground, close our eyes, listen to the music, and visualize ourselves doing the choreography. It never ceases to amaze me how much more self aware and comfortable they seem in their performance after taking the time to visualize themselves doing the routine. They are able to manifest a higher performance quality because of how they thought about themselves within their environment.
It is an undeniable fact that the way we think affects how our physical bodies interact with the world.The Law of Attraction essentially asserts that we contain the power to influence the events that unfold in our lives.
The Law of Attraction can even be explained using quantum mechanics. To understand this, we must accept five truths - according to University of Wisconsin Stout MS student, Eddie Mullins.
"Current science has linked scientific research to energy, Quantum Physics and the Law of Attraction. In the late 1900's and early 2000's research has revealed the following facts:
• Fact I: The universe, our world, and our bodies are made to share field energy that was scientifically recognized in the 20th century and is now identified by names that include in the field, the quantum hologram, the mind of God, nature's mind, and the Divine Matrix (a field of energy that provides the container, as well as a bridge and a mirror, for everything that happens between the world within us and the world outside of our bodies).
• Fact 2: In the field of the Divine Matrix, "things" that have been connected physically and then separated act as if they are still linked; through a phenomenon known as entanglement.
• Fact 3: Human DNA directly influences what happens in the Divine Matrix in a way that appears to defy the laws of time and space.
• Fact 4: Human belief (and the feelings and emotion surrounding it) directly change the DNA that affects what occurs in the Divine Matrix.
• Fact 5: When we shift our beliefs about our bodies and our world, the Divine Matrix translates that change into the reality of our lives."
Whether or not you believe there is a “Divine Matrix,” or if you have another term for it (mine is universe), it cannot be denied that the way we think affects our biology, and our biology affects our environment. Therefore, if we are seeking to change our environment, or find our version of success, we must practice conscious manifestation.
Manifestation, according to Dr. Hilary Farberow Stuart of Wholehearted Healing, is “a flow from thought into the creation of a form.”
Dr. Stuart offers 5 concrete steps for conscious manifestation that I would like to elaborate on in my own words.
1. “Establish your goal.”
Identify exactly what it is you want to accomplish. Set time bound goals. Cultivate and accomplish action steps within the bigger goals. Be logistical about those steps. Look at your goal from every angle.
2. “Identify the blocks within each level.”
What exactly is getting in your way? What is getting in your way that you have been putting off, what have you been allowing to slow you down?
3. “Work on and clear the blocks within each level.”
This could take hours, days, weeks, years, of a lifetime to accomplish. The joy can and should come in the process of clearing the road blocks, and it doesn’t happen without going back to the drawing board, but that truly can be the exciting part. For me, this one is the hardest part because it is not something that happens overnight, nor is there a clear step by step process. Here is your chance to really get to know yourself.
4. “Act as if your goal were already true.”
Here is where thought and affirmation truly have an impact on the events in our lives. Here are my students visualizing their performance into existence. See the image of yourself living and experiencing your goals as if they were already accomplished.
5. “Give up the goal.”
The joy of life happens when we are able to accept the present moment. Hand over your will to your higher power, God, gravity, the universe - we cannot tend to things that matter when we are too busy swimming upstream.
Finally, I would also add - (( 6. Practice good nutrition! )) because what we put in our bodies also affects our biology…but that is for another blog post.
Find a way to practice conscious manifestation. Set time aside each week, and commit to it as if it were a business meeting. Find a practice that brings you into the present moment - be it journaling, drawing, dancing, working out, going for a bike ride or a run, or simple meditation, any of these contain the potential to help clear the mind and the body of road blocks.
To your success and well being,
ALL MY LOVE!